General Privacy Information
If you have any questions about this Statement, the practices of Times-Shamrock Web sites with respect to personal information or your dealings with this Web site, you can contact
The Times-Shamrock Interactive Media Department, or write to:
If in the future, Times-Shamrock Web sites collect personally identifiable information from children, it will do so in compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (15 U.S.C. 6501 et seq.).
Times-Shamrock Communications participates in the APT from Yahoo! platform and Yahoo! is an ad network partner to display ads on our sites. To improve your ad experience on Times-Shamrock Communication sites and elsewhere on the Internet, we may send non-personal information to Yahoo! based on your browser’s activities, such as type of pages viewed and categories of interests, so that the advertising you see is relevant to you. Yahoo! also may use information regarding its own users to select which ads to display. Learn more about Yahoo!’s ad practices, including how to opt out of using anonymous information to select which ads to show you. Yahoo! is a member of the Network Advertising Initiative.
The Services are not intended for use by persons under the age of 13. If you are under 13 years old, you may not download or use the Applications with the Services turned on, you may not use any feature of the Website or Services that requires registration and you may not provide us with any of your personal details. The Companies will not knowingly collect any personal information of persons under 13 years old. In this policy, the term 'personal information' means any information that may be used with reasonable efforts to identify you, such as a first and last name, home address, phone number and email addresses.
If you believe that your privacy has been compromised by any person, in the course of using the Services, please contact email@example.com. You may send the Companies other requests, responses, questions and complaints by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you register with the Services, you may be asked to provide certain contact and personal details, such as mobile device number and e-mail address. False, incorrect, or outdated information may impair our ability to provide you with the Services and to contact you when necessary. You may create your personal profile on the Services. Your profile will be available to other users and will include information that does not personally identify you, such as your gender, age, city and state. Further information, such as your Hatchback rank, Hatchback points amount, nickname, avatar, driving distance, check-in locations, driving time, trips taken may be used and shared with other users, when you use the Application. Further information may be collected when we exchange communications with you, for example, if you submit a request, contact our support team, or report a violation to the abuse team.
The Services are based on users' locations, time spent travelling, stops made, distances travelled, trips taken and submissions that may include certain personal information. The content is not private or confidential, and you should not have any expectation of privacy with respect to it. You must exercise caution and common sense when posting information that may personally identify you or others. At the very least, you should demonstrate the same degree of caution as when publishing personal information by means other than the Internet and cellular services. The content that you post may be available to other users of the Service and to MANSI. Some of the content that you share, for example in a forum feed or blog post on the Website, may be viewed by all Internet users.
When you use your mobile device with a copy of the Application installed, the Companies collect your location information. We use that information to provide you and other users with the Services. We may make further use of your location information by providing you information about sites, shops and other places and attractions in your vicinity. We may also use your location information to create aggregated anonymous data and to use such data in accordance with this policy (please refer to use of aggregated information chapter hereunder). The Companies will make commercially reasonable efforts to remove or obscure your identity from your location information that is used for aggregated purposes.
At all times you may uninstall the Application, by using the Application's uninstall option, or by using the programs removal feature of your operating system. Following the uninstallation process, we will not be able to collect any further location based information from you, or provide you with location based information about sites, shops and other places and attractions in your vicinity.
The Companies collect information about the use of the Services. For
example, we may record the frequency and scope of your use of the Services, the
duration of your sessions, the web pages that you visit, information that you
read, content that you use or create, advertisements that you view or click on,
your communications with other users and third parties, the mobile identifier
that serves access to the Services, and the geographic location of the device
that you are using to log-in.
The Companies may use your personally identifiable information for the following purposes:
· to provide the Services and to enable you to use the Services. For example, we may use the phone number that you provide to send you updates and other recommendations, and to send you a text message containing a link to download the Application and to provide you with your preliminary username and password;
· to operate the Services and to improve and customize your experience with the Services, as well as the experience of other users;
· to provide you with support and handle request and complaints;
· to send you updates, notices, announcements, and additional information related to the Services;
· to send you rewards or prizes related to locations you frequent;
· to send you marketing and advertising material through your mobile device, e-mail messages, social media, or other such mediums, subject to your prior indication of consent. At any time you may opt out of the Services' mailing lists, by changing your preferences in your personal account or by sending a written notice to: email@example.com;
· to conduct surveys and questionnaires;
· to share your submissions with other users of the Services and to facilitate communication between you, Hatchback, Times-Shamrock and other users;
· to contact you when we believe it to be necessary;
· to comply with any applicable law and assist law enforcement agencies under any applicable law, when Hatchback or Times-Shamrock has a good faith belief that cooperation with the law enforcement agencies is legally mandated or meets the applicable legal standards;
· to prevent fraud, misappropriation, infringements, identity theft and other illegal activities and misuse of the Services;
· To handle breakdowns and malfunctions;
· to take any action in any case of dispute, or legal proceeding of any kind between you and the Service, or between you and other users or third parties with respect to, or in relation with the Service;
Sharing information with others
Except as provided herein, the Companies do not sell, rent or lease your personally identifiable information to third parties. The Companies will not share your personally identifiable information with others, without your consent, except for the following purposes and to the extent necessary in the Companies’ good-faith discretion:
· When you use the Services, when you take part in content-related activities and when it is necessary to facilitate the functionality of the Services.;
· If Hatchback or Times-Shamrock is required, or reasonably believes that it is required by law to share or disclose your information;
· In any case of dispute, or legal proceeding of any kind between you and Hatchback or Times-Shamrock, or between you and other users with respect to, or in relation with the Services;
· In any case where Hatchback or Times-Shamrock reasonably believes that sharing information is necessary to prevent imminent physical damage or damage to property;
· If Hatchback or Times-Shamrock organizes the operation of the Services within a different framework, or through another legal structure or entity, or if Hatchback or MANSI is acquired by, or merged into or with another entity, or if Hatchback or Times-Shamrock enters bankruptcy, provided however, that those entities agree to be bound by the provisions of this policy, with respective changes taken into consideration;
· Hatchback or Times-Shamrock may also share personally identifiable information with companies or organizations connected, or affiliated with Hatchback or Times-Shamrock, such as subsidiaries, sister-companies and parent companies, and other partners, with the express provision that their use of such information must comply with this policy.
Accessing your personal information
At any time you may access your account on the Services and edit, or amend your personal information. If you find that the information on your account is not accurate, complete or updated, than you must make all necessary changes to correct it. Please keep in mind that false, incorrect, or outdated information may prevent you from registering with the Services and impair the ability to provide you with Services.
How do the Companies use aggregated information?
The Companies may use or sell anonymous, statistical or aggregated information to properly operate the Services, to improve the quality of the Services, to enhance your experience, to create new services and features, including customized services, to change or cancel existing content or service, and for further internal, commercial and statistical purposes. The Companies may also use anonymous, statistical or aggregated information collected on the Services, by posting, disseminating, transmitting or otherwise communicating or making available such information to users of the Services, to the Services' providers, partners and any other third party.
The Companies may retain location information longer than required to provide the Services and for reasonable business needs.
The Companies may at all times review, retain and disclose any other information as either deems necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request and Hatchback's or Times-Shamrock’s needs and necessities. By doing so, neither Hatchback nor Times-Shamrock expressly or impliedly endorse, affirm or in any manner assume any responsibility for such communications.
The Companies consider information security to be a top priority. Although we make reasonable efforts to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee and you cannot reasonably expect that the databases will be immune from any wrongdoings, malfunctions, unlawful interceptions or access, or other kinds of abuse and misuse.
The Companies may from time to time change the terms of this policy. Substantial changes may take effect immediately after Hatchback or Times-Shamrock has posted an initial notification on the Website's homepage or mobile apps it is embedded in, with respect to such changes. Other changes may also take effect immediately after their initial posting on the Website, unless Hatchback or Times-Shamrock amends this policy to comply with legal requirements. In such cases the amendments will also become effective immediately upon their initial posting, or as required. You agree to be bound by any of the changes made in the terms of this policy. Continuing to use the Services will indicate your acceptance of the amended terms. If you do not agree with any of the amended terms, you must avoid any further use of the Services.
Last modified: June 10, 2014
Times-Shamrock Communications Web Sites:
The News-Item The
Pottsville Republican The